College Scholars Nomination Form


WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE CLASS OF 2023 (students who will be high school juniors in September 2021). Please review the information below before nominating.

Students can ONLY be nominated by their school counselor or principal. The nomination period begins in April of the student’s sophomore year, and lasts until mid-October of their junior year.

The deadline for nominations is October 15, 2021. The deadline for students to apply and submit supporting documents is November 1, 2021.

If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at


A student can be nominated if they:

  • Are currently in 11th grade beginning in September 2021
  • Attend an eligible high school, and have primary residence in the same school district where they attend high school
  • Ranked in the top 10% of their class

Once a student is nominated and submits an application, SEEDS will verify their legal status and household income. In order to be admitted to SEEDS, applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or have asylee status. They also must satisfy our household income policy.

All eligible nominees receive an email with a link to the online application. Once they have access to the online application, applicants must submit a complete application and supporting materials. Supporting materials include:

  • Passport, birth certificate, green card, or proof of asylee status.
  • Most recent ELA and math NJSLA scores.
  • Final 9th and 10th grade report cards.
  • The applicant’s household’s 2019 and 2020 Federal 1040 income tax return. If the applicant’s family does not file taxes, they must email admissions ( and request an income verification form. Families that do not file taxes, must submit proof of income which may include W2s, SSI, paystubs, a letter from the employer, and other documents.
  • Recommendation forms from the school counselor or principal, math teacher, and English teacher. We only accept recommendation forms, not letters. Requests for recommendations can only be submitted by the student once they have access to the online application portal.