NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS!
SEEDS is currently accepting nominations for the College Scholars Program Class of 2025 (students who will be high school juniors as of September 2023). The deadline to nominate a student is NOVEMBER 3, 2023
View the College Scholars Program brochure.
NOMINATING A STUDENT
Students can ONLY be nominated by their school counselor or principal. The nomination period begins in April of the student’s sophomore year and lasts until mid-October of their junior year.
A student may be nominated if they:
- Will be in 11th grade as of September 2023 (you can nominate current sophomores)
- Attend an eligible high school, and have primary residence in the same school district where they attend high school
- Ranked in the top 10% of their class (if rank is unavailable, students must be high-achieving).
Once a student is nominated and submits an application, SEEDS will verify their legal status and household income. In order to be admitted to SEEDS, applicants must be eligible to receive Federal aid (U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, etc.). They also must satisfy our household income policy.
All eligible nominees receive an email with a link to the online application. Once they have access to the online application, applicants must submit a complete application and supporting materials. Supporting materials include:
- Passport, birth certificate, green card, or proof of asylee status.
- Most recent ELA and math NJSLA scores.
- Final 9th and 10th-grade report cards.
- The applicant household’s 2021 and 2022 Federal 1040 income tax returns. If the applicant’s family does not file taxes, they must email admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request an income verification form. Families that do not file taxes, must submit proof of income which may include W2s, SSI, pay stubs, a letter from the employer, and other documents. For families that file married filing jointly or have only one parent/guardian is in the household we require one 1040. We require two 1040s if the parents/guardians live in the same household but file as single, head of household, or married filing separately.
- Recommendation forms from the school counselor or principal, math teacher, and English teacher. We only accept recommendation forms, not letters. Requests for recommendations can only be submitted by the student once they have access to the online application portal.
Please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.