Students can ONLY be nominated by their school counselor or a principal/vice principal/assistant principal. The nomination period begins in April of the student’s sophomore year, and lasts until mid-October of their junior year. Nominators can access the nomination form here.
The deadline for nominations is October 15, 2020. The deadline for students to apply and submit supporting documents is November 1, 2020.
What happens after an eligible student is nominated:
All eligible nominees receive an email with a link to the online application. Once they have access to the online application, applicants must submit a complete application and supporting materials. Supporting materials include:
- Passport, birth certificate, green card, or proof of asylee status.
- Most recent ELA and math NJSLA scores.
- Final 9th and 10th grade report cards.
- The applicant’s household’s 2018 and 2019 Federal 1040 income tax return. If the applicant’s family does not file taxes, they must email admissions (email@example.com) and request an income verification form. Families that do not file taxes, must submit proof of income which may include W2s, SSI, paystubs, a letter from the employer, and other documents.
- Recommendation forms from the school counselor or principal, math teacher, and English teacher. We only accept recommendation forms, not letters. Requests for recommendations can only be submitted by the student once they have access to the online application portal.
What happens after a student submits a complete application with supporting documents:
- Applications are read by staff during November
- Finalists are invited to an admissions interview that takes place in December
- The class is selected and offers of admission are emailed to the new students
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at (973) 642-6422 ext. 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.