COLLEGE SEARCH RESOURCES
It’s never too early for rising seniors – or even rising juniors – to start thinking and learning about the colleges and universities they would like to apply to in the fall.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE SELECTING A COLLEGE
The following articles may be helpful to you when considering which college to select:
- Campus Explorer: 10 Things You Should Find Out Before Committing to a College
- AMESPrep.com: 10 Things You Should Consider When Choosing a College (from Petersons.com)
Financial aid comes in many forms, from federal student loans to scholarships and grants. Take the time to learn about the various financial aid types that can help pay for some or almost all your education. The following resources may be helpful in your search:
- Fastweb.com: A one-stop-shop for information on scholarships and financial aid, with resources on the college search and future careers.
- Finaid.org: A great site to help find scholarships and other types of financial aid that may be available.
- Annuity.org: A free financial web resource, accredited by the Better Business Bureau that serves as a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide for students and covers topics like how student loans work, sticking to a budget, planning for the future, and more.
For a free in-depth guide to finding and obtaining scholarships, visit elfi.com/how-to-get-a-scholarship/.
For parents interested in knowing when to plan for their child’s education, visit elfi.com/when-how-to-start-a-college-fund-for-your-child/.
Many companies, organizations, and foundations offer scholarships for students. Specific scholarships can be found at Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, Gates Millennium Scholars Program, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Jackie Robinson Foundation, and Nordstrom Scholarship Program, just to name a few. Additional scholarships can be found through collegescholarships.org.
The following resources may be helpful for crafting your resume: